The NCJGA Junior College Award Program sponsored by Stone Beacon Capital is designed to help active NCJGA Junior members continue their life-long learning experience by providing financial assistance for higher education. All criteria stated below will be weighed by the Award Committee and Board of Directors when making its decision, in addition to the applicant's financial circumstances. The committee seeks to support scholars who are driven to succeed and can be successful role models by setting and achieving their goals.
RECIPIENTS AND AWARD AMOUNT:
There will be 6 recipients awarded annually. The Award Committee along with the Board of Directors makes award decisions based on two categories; financial need and merit. Applications with financial need are encouraged to submit additional information as requested in the application. There will be 3 boys and 3 girls awarded these scholarships in the amount of $1,000, $500, $250. Deserving boys and girls may fill out application by August 1st and scholarships winners will be announced January 1st, 2018.
Applicant must have participated in NCJGA Junior programs for a minimum of one year.
- Applicant must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must be planning to attend an institute of higher education.
- Applicant must earn 12 credits per semester / quarter as a full time student.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate his/her ambition to succeed, academic aptitude, leadership, and concern for community.
- Perform 20 hours of community service annually. It is preferred that a portion of the service is completed with the NCJGA.
- Attend and speak at NCJGA events (when available).
- Continue to excel at university and give back to their community.